Saturday 3 September 2022

Image from the book.
Mister Parsley

Book cover

FUTURE FARM STORIES

This book often has price deals!

The book is inspired by the kind of children's “annual” which used to be commonplace as a Christmas gift. OK, I have subverted the idea, but I do rather like those old things. I used to have a lot of them. The stories were always told straightforwardly but they were often mysteriously nostalgic, because most of the old annuals I had were second-hand.

I remember sitting in the quiet bedroom at my grandparents' house, the evening sun slanting in through the window. The title pages of these books had inscriptions about old children from years before; “This book belongs to …” and then the name. The unknown “M. Rodgers” or “To Josh. A present from Mrs Dickinson...” and this might be a second inscription; The book had been second-hand even then!

#farmers #comics #landscape #mysticism

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chris-Reynolds/e/B002PVY8J6

 

No comments:

Post a Comment